Who We Look For
At Winterline, we don’t expect you to fit the usual mold. That is why we are open to considering a wide variety of students. You don’t have to be a geek, you don’t have to be a nerd, you don’t have to be a particular race, class, or gender. You don’t have to be a straight ‘A’ student either, though we probably won’t mind if you are. Instead of your grades, we are going to be looking at what kind of person you are and what you will bring to this incredible experience.
Are you adventurous? Willing to think outside the box? Are you interested in global issues? Are you open to new experiences? Are you willing to challenge yourself in ways you haven’t before? Are you considering a field of study, but not sure it’s right for you?
If you are thinking about joining us, here are the kinds of experiences you can expect on our programs:
- Sailing the waters of the Adriatic Sea off the coast of Croatia
- Creating glass art in Europe using age-old techniques
- Preparing traditional Thai meals at a boutique cooking school in Thailand
- Learning how to set camera traps at a wildlife conservation reserve in South Africa
- Assembling a robot and building a mobile app to control it in Croatia
- Spending all day putting up the walls of a house that you have built in Costa Rica using natural, local materials
- Deciding—by consensus—how your group is going to spend the remaining money in your startup project budget in Boston.
Are these the sorts of experiences you are willing to put yourself through and grow from?
We are looking for young adults age 18-22, who are independent, motivated, flexible, interested in the world around them, willing to ‘rough it’ when the situation demands, enthusiastic, and able to work well in a team. We want you to be thoughtful, patient, resourceful, open to new ideas and new ways of thinking.
If this describes who you are—or who you are willing to become —then join us on this adventure of a lifetime!