Our Gap Year program kicks off with orientation at YMCA of the Rockies located in Estes Park, Colorado. We begin our adventure by introducing students to Winterline while laying the foundation for the rest of the year.
It’s amazing that we get to learn and play in such a beautiful place. Surrounded on three sides by Rocky Mountain National Park, YMCA of the Rockies offers an environment inspired by nature where friends and family can grow closer together while enjoying the natural beauty of the world around them. During their stay in Estes Park our students participate in group discussion, games, and team building activities to strengthen their bond before they embark on their 9 month trip.
Do you want to learn more about Estes Park and YMCA of the Rockies?
Check out our fast facts listed below.
- YMCA of the Rockies has more than 860 acres of Colorado beauty.
- Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park are home to around 3,000 elk.
- The national park covers 415 square miles of wildflowers and mountain views.
- The town of Estes Park is one of the highest-rated family destinations in the United States.
- While staying at the YMCA our students have the opportunity to hike, roller skate, do yoga, observe wildlife, build campfires, and play miniature golf and other outdoor sports.
- There are over 300 miles of trails to be hiked in Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Elk, big horn sheep, marmots, squeaking pikas, and the iridescent broad-tailed hummingbird all find their home in Estes Park.
- The national park is great for climbing with peaks ranging from 12,000-14,000 feet above sea level.
- YMCA of the Rockies sits at an elevation of 8,010 feet.
- Rocky Mountain National Park has more than 265,000 of acres ready to be explored.